Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) is a popular self-help technique that combines acupressure and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) to relieve emotional distress. It’s a simple and effective tool that can help you reduce stress, anxiety, and other negative emotions. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to use EFT for stress relief in a step-by-step guide.
Why Use EFT for Stress Relief?
Stress is a common problem that affects millions of people worldwide. It can cause a range of physical and mental health problems, including anxiety, depression, insomnia, and heart disease. EFT is a powerful stress-relieving tool that can help you manage your emotions and improve your overall well-being. It works by tapping on specific acupressure points on your body while focusing on the negative emotion or thought that’s bothering you.
Step-by-Step Guide to Using EFT for Stress Relief:
- Identify the Issue: Start by identifying the issue that’s causing you stress. It could be a specific situation, thought, or feeling.
- Rate the Intensity: Rate the intensity of the issue on a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 being no intensity and 10 being the highest.
- Set Up Statement: Create a set-up statement that acknowledges the issue and accepts yourself despite the problem. The statement should start with “Even though I have this (issue), I deeply and completely accept myself.”
- Tapping Sequence: Tap on specific acupressure points on your body while repeating the set-up statement and a reminder phrase that describes the issue.
- Repeat: Repeat the tapping sequence until the intensity level is reduced to zero or a manageable level.
- Re-evaluate: Evaluate the issue again and see if there is any improvement. If necessary, repeat the tapping sequence or adjust the set-up statement and reminder phrase.
EFT is a simple and effective tool for stress relief that can help you manage your emotions and improve your overall well-being. By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can use EFT to reduce stress and other negative emotions in your life. Remember, EFT is not a substitute for professional help, so if your stress is severe or chronic, seek the help of a licensed therapist.
As a certified Emotional Freedom Technique practitioner, I can help you take your EFT practice to the next level. While EFT can be an effective self-help tool, working with a practitioner can help you address deeper and more complex issues. I can guide you through the tapping sequence, help you identify the root cause of your stress or negative emotions, and provide personalized set-up statements and reminder phrases.
Working with a practitioner can also help you feel more confident and supported in your EFT practice. You’ll have a safe space to explore your emotions and work through difficult issues with the guidance of a trained professional. Plus, I can provide ongoing support and accountability to help you achieve your goals and maintain your progress.
I offer in-person EFT sessions in Dublin and Kildare, Ireland, as well as online sessions worldwide. Whether you’re local or international, you can access the benefits of EFT from the comfort of your own home or office. Online sessions are conducted via video conference and are just as effective as in-person sessions. So no matter where you are, if you’re interested in working with a certified EFT practitioner, please don’t hesitate to contact me to schedule a session. I’m here to help you achieve emotional freedom and well-being.