Have you ever wanted to gain insight and guidance from Tarot cards but didn’t know where to start? Tarot reading can be a valuable tool for gaining clarity and direction in various areas of life. With a little preparation and practice, anyone can learn to do Tarot readings for themselves. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the basics of Tarot reading and how you can use Tarot cards to gain guidance and insights.
What is Tarot Reading?
Tarot reading is a form of divination that uses a deck of Tarot cards to gain insight into different aspects of life. Each card in the deck represents a specific energy or archetype, and by interpreting the cards and their positions in a spread, readers can gain guidance and insight into various areas of life.
Different Tarot Decks
There are many different Tarot decks available, each with their own unique energy and interpretation. Some popular Tarot decks include:
- Rider-Waite Tarot: This is one of the most popular Tarot decks, and it features images and symbolism that are easy to interpret and understand.
- Thoth Tarot: This deck was created by Aleister Crowley and features more esoteric and mystical imagery.
- Marseille Tarot: This deck is one of the oldest and features traditional images and symbolism.
- Oracle Decks: These decks are similar to Tarot decks but can have different themes and interpretations, such as angel cards, animal cards, or goddess cards.
Different Tarot Spreads
There are many different Tarot spreads that can be used depending on the question or intention of the reading. Some popular Tarot spreads include:
- Three-card spread: This is a simple spread that can provide insight into past, present, and future energies.
- Celtic cross spread: This is a more complex spread that can provide insight into different areas of life, such as relationships, career, and spirituality.
- Yes/no spread: This is a simple spread that provides a straightforward answer to a specific question.
Interpreting Tarot Cards
Interpreting Tarot cards involves a combination of intuition, knowledge of the cards’ meanings, and understanding the positions of the cards in the spread. It’s important to trust your intuition and let the cards speak to you, rather than trying to force a specific interpretation. Here are some examples of card interpretations:
- The Fool: This card can represent new beginnings, innocence, and a free spirit.
- The Empress: This card can represent nurturing, abundance, and creativity.
- The Tower: This card can represent upheaval, change, and unexpected events.
Main Differences Between Angel and Tarot Cards
While both Tarot and Angel cards can be used for divination, there are some key differences between the two. Angel cards tend to focus on messages of love, guidance, and positivity, while Tarot cards can explore a wider range of energies and emotions. Additionally, Angel cards often feature images of angels or other divine beings, while Tarot cards feature archetypal imagery and symbolism.
My Journey with Tarot
I have been drawn to Tarot cards for many years, fascinated by their ability to provide insight and guidance. After using Tarot cards for my own personal growth and development, I decided to pursue formal training in Tarot reading. Through my training, I have developed a deep understanding of Tarot symbolism and interpretation, and I am passionate about using this knowledge to help others on their own journeys.
Tarot Reading Services
If you’re looking for guidance and insight, I offer tarot readings and angel card readings in person in Dublin and Kildare, as well as online readings for clients worldwide. Additionally, I offer beginner level tarot courses for those interested in learning how to read tarot for themselves. Don’t hesitate to reach out and start your journey with tarot today. Visit the contact us page to book a reading today.